erosion of the esophagus
erosion of the esophagus - a defect of the inner mucosal layer in esophagus.This defect is a complication of hiatal hernia, which develops due to the movement of the organs of the abdominal cavity in the thorax through the diaphragmatic esophageal opening.Most people with esophageal erosion, do not guess about the disease, citing the lack of severe symptoms or errors in the diet.
The causes of the erosion of the esophagus
esophageal erosions preceded by the following pathological conditions:
- Increase intrauterine pressure;
- weakened muscle tone of the esophageal wall;
- Reducing the length of the esophagus due to the inflammatory process of scarring, or swelling;
- atrophy of the left lobe of the liver;
- Stretching esophageal aperture;
- absence of adipose tissue below the diaphragm;
- curvature of the thoracic spine as kyphosis, which usually occurs in older people.
All these factors contribute to the appearance of sliding, axial hernias, after which develops esophageal e
Clinic and symptoms of esophageal erosion
Sometimes the clinical picture with the erosion of the esophagus may be asymptomatic, worn and fuzzy.But more patients have complaints of dull or sharp pain in the chest, abdominal or with different irradiation, which resemble the pain of angina.Pain and discomfort usually occur when eating or moving the position of the body.Pain may be accompanied by a feeling of fullness and bloating, which tend to decrease as the body making the vertical position.
Symptoms of esophageal erosion following:
- Painful swallowing (dysphagia);
- Increased secretion of saliva in the mouth;
- unpleasant smell from the mouth.
disease when establishing the diagnosis of the patients underwent X-ray examination, with which you can accurately determine the presence of esophageal hernia or reflux (gastro-intestinal casting).Also, additional studies are conducted using ezofagotonokimografii, general and biochemical analysis of blood, urine, colonoscopy and fecal occult blood.
treatment of esophageal erosion
treatment of esophageal erosion with drugs should be under medical supervision.Drug therapy includes alginates, antacids and prokinetics:
- alginate can form on the inner surface of the stomach thick foam, which has a therapeutic effect during each reflux (cast contents into the esophagus);
- By antacids include almagel, which is able to cure the symptoms of middle severity.For treatment it is used frequently - every one and a half or two hours after meals and at bedtime;
- prokinetics reduce the contact time with the hydrochloric acid of the esophagus, improve gastric emptying, increased pressure in the lower esophageal sphincter.To apply prokinetic Motilium or domperidone.It should be used four times a day for ten milligrams for a long time;
- Pariet (proton pump inhibitor) for twenty milligrams per day for eight to ten weeks.
treatment of esophageal erosion folk remedies
- For thirty minutes before meals three or four times a day should be taken at the fifty milliliters of potato juice during a half or two months.For the year should go through three or four treatment courses.Preparation of potato juice: peeled potatoes grate and squeeze the juice through cheesecloth or get the juice using a juicer;
- Thirty minutes before meals take 25-30 milliliters of potato and carrot juice for a half or two months.For the year should go through three or four such medical treatment;
- Take twenty grams of linden flower, marigold, fireweed and ten grams of horsetail flowers, immortelle, celandine, St. John's wort, chamomile, valerian root and fennel fruit.Grind all the plants and put them in a glass jar, boil one tablespoon of chopped plant in 500 milliliters of boiling water on low heat for five to seven minutes, let stand for two to three hours and filter.Take the infusion of thirty minutes before meals three to four times a day in the form of heat to 100-120 milliliters.