What is cervical osteochondrosis (osteochondrosis of the cervical spine), is known to many, especially those who work for long periods at a desk or computer.
Pain in the cervical spine is most often caused by an infringement of the endings of spinal nerve roots or the displacement of the cervical vertebrae.There are these pains as a result of osteochondrosis.
Causes of cervical degenerative disc disease may be different: consumer or industrial injury, bad posture at your desk or while walking, weight lifting and a sedentary lifestyle, overeating and hypothermia, congenital or acquired scoliosis, etc.
Pain during acute cervical osteochondrosis recognizable: it is aching, squeezing, burning pain in the back and side parts of the neck, extending to the shoulder and neck.There may be a spasm of blood vessels and, if there is numbness and tingling in the hands and pain in the wrist joint.Pain is usually worse with every movement of the head, because the cervical vertebrae is not only bear the brunt of
It is important not to run the disease, relying on painkillers and in a timely manner to contact the experts, for example, a qualified chiropractor who is in a single session to save you from the attacks of pain, and then prescribe a course of manual therapy.
There is a set of exercises that you can perform yourself.It is just recommended for people who suffer from chronic osteochondrosis of the cervical spine .But you must remember that in the acute state of the disease, these exercises can be done only with great caution, without overcoming the pain. (!)
A regular exercise complex will help improve blood circulation in the neck region and the mobility of the vertebrae themselves.In addition, the exercises can stretch the muscles, and shackled to make them more flexible.
osteochondrosis.Exercise to improve blood circulation in the neck area
- Starting position: sitting or standing.Fold the neck, the maximum zoom chin to his chest, and then slowly pull the head behind his back and try as far as possible to look back.Extension should be on the breath, and then - a pause equal to inhalation and exhalation bend.Exercise repeat 10 times slowly.
- In the same position, place a hand on the forehead and press on it for 10-15 seconds while maintaining the immobility of the body.You can rest against his forehead against the wall.This same exercise can be done this way: stretch back of the head into a wall, rest against the left, then the right half of the head.
- Put your head down, trying as much as possible to touch the chin chest.With good mobility of the cervical vertebrae can be chin to get the chest cavity.Repeat the exercise 5-10 times.
- Traction neck.Clasp your fingers on the back of the head, pinch together the elbows, placing his chin on his folded forearms.Tightly clasped his hands, resting his palm edge in the back of the head as high as possible brought together lift the forearm.Fix them in this position without pressure for 10-15 seconds.Breathing in this exercise arbitrary.
- Lie on your stomach, place your hands at your sides, palms up, and the chin should be level with the body.Relax.Slowly turn your head to the right, then to the starting position and then - to the left, trying to touch the floor with his ear.Repeat at least 10 times.
- Lie on your stomach, put his chin on his hand.The muscles of the neck should be relaxed.Follow the twists and turns of the head left and right, trying to touch the floor with his ear, as in the previous exercise.
You must remember that when performing all exercises should definitely control the intensity of the movement, guided by their own pain.If there is pain, you should reduce the range of motion and number of repetitions.