Statistics states that insomnia affects one in five Europeans, with women affected by this disorder of sleep more than men, and people of intellectual labor are sleeping worse than physical workers.Two-thirds of Europeans are sleeping less than 7 hours a day, and the Americans have occupied the first place in the world for insomnia: in the United States can not sleep at night around 100 million inhabitants.
When asked how many people have to sleep, you can not give a definite answer.According to the assurances of doctors on average - 7.5-8 hours a day.However, some people sleep 2-3 hours, and that they lack.And some for recreation should be not less than 10 hours.
Determine your need for sleep during the holidays can be.Leading measured way of life, try to celebrate every day, how much you sleep.The average duration of sleep that you get as a result of these observations will be optimal.But, most importantly, not how much you sleep, and how!
main sleep problem - the restoration of the body.Therefore,
Symptoms of insomnia
Symptoms of insomnia are familiar to many: toss and turn at night in bed, tense muscles, thoughts jump, and sleep is impossible.And all of this until now, completely, not worn out, do not fall in the morning into a restless sleep.It may last for a night, maybe a week, a month or a year.Yes, this is insomnia - the concept of which implies a violation of the individual properties of sleep, or a combination: difficulty falling asleep, frequent awakenings, sensation of weakness in the morning.
Insomnia can be short-lived - from one - two nights to two weeks.Insomnia is usually associated with stressful situations in life, and, in principle, it is possible to cope on their own.However, sleep disorders can also cover longer periods of time, this is called chronic insomnia.Insomnia affects about 15% of the population, and, in this case, requires medical attention.
Here are the main factors that trigger insomnia: a lot of stress, relationship problems with family, conflicts at work, staggered working hours, the use of caffeine in large amounts, the use of drugs, alcohol, and depression.Of course, this tip of the iceberg.Insomnia can cause health problems, and even heredity.
said that the English King George III of, who lived in the XVIII century, suffered from insomnia.He struggled with insomnia, using a pillow, stuffed with herbs, has on the human body a calming effect.Pillow insomnia consisted of a mixture of the following herbs: a small amount of valerian, hawthorn, rose petals, rose, leaves, cherries and cassis, mint and pine needles.In modern conditions to collect a pillow will be difficult, so try alternatives.
joints offer you a specially designed physical therapy complexes in diseases of arthritis, arthrosis and coxarthrosis.
How to get rid of insomnia?
1. The best way to get rid of insomnia - Exercise - 20-30 minutes a day is enough.The main thing is not execute them before going to bed!The ideal time for sports - for 4-5 hours before bedtime.If physical activity during the day no time is a good idea to walk a bit before going to bed - a calming effect.
2. If you happen insomnia, do not load up before going to bed, but did not go to bed hungry.In an extreme case, drink before bedtime glass of warm milk with honey.
3. Ex insomnia after 16 hours do not drink beverages and foods containing caffeine (chocolate, coffee, tea, tonics).
4. When insomnia helps to sleep and a warm bath.The water temperature should not exceed 36-37 degrees !!Well add aromatic oils.Suitable lavender, ylang-ylang, chamomile and peppermint or pine needles extract.No citrus flavors!They just help you wake up in the morning.
5. To fall asleep faster, moisten cologne or perfume, boric alcohol or alcohol lotion on small pieces of wool and lay their ears.
6. Make a light massage of the face: close your eyes and pads middle fingers tap on the forehead, making a slow circular motion.The same movement do around the eyes, massage your temples, cheekbones, chin, back of the neck.
7. With great excitement, you can resort to the help of soothing infusions of herbs: motherwort, peony, valerian.
8. Leave included in the room where you sleep, a small lamp or nightlight.In complete darkness the people who suffer from insomnia, sleep is not recommended.
In some cases, insomnia occurs because of a violation of sleep hygiene.Therefore, sleep is very important.Awakening and raising the bed must occur at the same time.Waking up, get up quickly, and naps generally undesirable.
- When insomnia is particularly important that the bedroom was associated you only sleep or sex, so it is not recommended to watch TV in the bedroom, there is much, especially to resolve conflicts.
- Lie down to sleep only when you want it.If you can not sleep, do not toss and turn in bed.Go into the next room, watch TV or read, only the transfer is to be uninteresting, and the book - boring!
- Before going to bed can not work hard both physically and mentally, to actively engage in sports.Do not tightly dinner, especially spicy dishes there.Try not to find out before going to bed ratio, keep unpleasant conversations.
- Scientists have found that a lack of vitamin E in the body leads to chronic fatigue, depression, and as a result, insomnia.For the prevention of insomnia, try to include in your diet foods rich in vitamin E: vegetable oils, seeds of apples, almonds, peanuts, turnips, green leafy vegetables, cereals, legumes, egg yolk, liver, milk, oatmeal, soy, wheat and its sprouts.If you organize a varied diet do not succeed, then buy in a drugstore a good vitamin complex.
- Be careful with green teas.Many of them have strong tonic properties.Therefore, the abuse of this drink can turn into a nightmare during the day.It is better in the afternoon to give preference to herbal teas.For example, the infusion of chamomile help to relax and soothe tea with lemon balm.
- Warm milk with honey or cinnamon has a pretty strong sedative effect.And all because cow's milk contains melatonin - the hormone of sleep.
Medications for insomnia
In some cases, if the above methods to get rid of insomnia have been tried but have not worked, you can turn to sleeping pills.Unfortunately, the pills are also not a cure for insomnia - many of them have a lot of side effects and can be addictive.Therefore to use them it is necessary in severe cases of insomnia and strictly on prescription!
If you still have to resort to using the tablets, here are some rules of their use:
- start taking the drug with the lowest dose
- not increase your dose without the need for, try to use the lowest effective dose
- to stop the use of drugsshould gradually
- try using drugs intermittent dosage regimen (for example, a day or several times a week)
- replace another drug only needs while reducing its effectiveness
- should not take more than 3-4 weeks of sleeping pills regularly.
Do not think that insomnia - the lot of the elderly or people with shaky nervous system.Insomnia can "come" and a completely healthy person, and at any age once.Do not panic!To get a grasp in our recommendations and follow them.