Conjunctivitis - an insidious disease, familiar to every second inhabitant of the planet.Unpleasant and dangerous illness can disrupt the normal functioning of the visual analyzer and cause decreased vision.When the first symptoms of conjunctivitis should immediately begin treatment.The following describes the symptoms, causes and treatment can help to recognize the conjunctivitis, and take appropriate measures to avoid serious consequences.
Conjunctivitis: Causes and symptoms
conjunctivitis - an inflammation of the thin transparent layer of the eye - conjunctiva covering the outer surface of the eyeball and inner surface of the century.The conjunctiva is responsible for generating a constant tear film protects from dust and moisture provides the eye's surface.
conjunctiva is very sensitive and the slightest stimulation generated response: eyes inflamed, blush, itch, bake and even hurt.
Causes of conjunctivitis:
- The introduction of a bacterial infection (streptococci, staphylococci, Pseudomon
- virus infection (herpes, adenovirus, enterovirus) - viral conjunctivitis.
- Contact with an allergen (dust, household chemicals, animal dander, cosmetics) - allergic conjunctivitis.
Common symptoms of inflammation of conjunctivitis:
- swelling and redness of the conjunctiva;
- swelling of the eyelids;
- watery eyes;
- protein redness of the eye;
- the allocation of fluid from the eye (characteristic of bacterial conjunctivitis).
General principles of treatment of eye inflammation
Run differential diagnosis and the right to appoint a medical treatment a patient can only be a specialist.
In chronic conjunctivitis and severe disease prescribe tablets for oral administration.Bacterial conjunctivitis is treated with antibiotics, viral - antiviral agents, allergic - antihistamines.
for the relief of acute conjunctival lesion state apply eye drops for conjunctivitis with an effect similar to tablets.They are usually instilled 1-2 drops into the conjunctival sac of the affected eye (your doctor may adjust the dose and frequency of use).
patient should wash their hands often.Do not rub your eyes.Bacterial and viral conjunctivitis are infectious: the defeat of one eye after a second infection occur.
treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis
main goal of medical therapy such as bacterial conjunctivitis - is to suppress the growth, reproduction of pathogenic flora and restore the normal functioning of the eye.
Doctors attributed antibacterial drops in the eye from conjunctivitis, which help to easily overcome the pathogen.
Antibacterials, falling on the surface of the eyeball, has a bactericidal effect (destroy the membrane of bacteria membranes, which leads to their death) and bacteriostatic (inhibits protein synthesis of microorganisms - inhibits reproduction).
considered the most effective eye drops with broad-spectrum antibiotic exposure.It:
1. Vigamoks.Drops containing moxifloxacin.The period of drug treatment - 4 days.Buried Vigamoks 3 times a day.
- Tobrex (tobramycin) in acute inflammation drip into the eyes of every 30-60 minutes.When the inflammation subsides - 4 hours prior to the absolute disappearance of the symptoms of conjunctivitis.
- Tsiloksan (ciprofloxacin) is recommended to use 7-14 days.The solution was drip interval 6 hours during acute inflammation - 2 h.Tsiloksan undesirable to use drivers (the drug causes a temporary decrease in vision).
- Vitabakt (piloksidin) may appoint an ophthalmologist.The course of treatment lasts up to 10 days.The interval between the instillation - 2-6 hours, taking into account the degree of eye damage.
- Floksal (ofloxacin) is valid 10 minutes after instillation.Drip 1 drop with 2-4 hours interval.The duration of treatment determined by the doctor.However, it is not desirable Floksalom treatment more than 14 days.
- Oftakviks (levofloxacin), the first two days used up to 8 times a day.At 3-5 day - up to four times.Duration of therapy is determined by a doctor.Oftakviks can be administered to children in the year.
- Normaks (norfloxacin) can drip during the acute inflammation to 4 times per hour.Then, the application rate is reduced to the multiplicity of 3-6 times a day.Normaks used since 15 years.
common contraindication to all antibacterial eye drops is the idiosyncrasy of the antibiotic.conjunctivitis Treatment of pregnant and lactating runs strictly under medical supervision.
should be washed with a weak solution of potassium permanganate or furatsilina Before applying eye drops (1: 5000).
When calming acute symptoms of bacterial conjunctivitis is recommended to apply a drop to normalize the status of the conjunctiva with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or glucocorticosteroids (GCS) (Maksideks, Diklo-F, Indokolir, Tobradeks).
Treatment of viral conjunctivitis
Antiviral eye drops for conjunctivitis include interferons, which neutralize the virus.
Very often in viral conjunctivitis joins a bacterial infection.Therefore, in combination with antiviral drops in the eyes of the doctor prescribed antibacterial and antiseptic agents.
1. Aktipol (solution of para-amino benzoic acid) stimulates the production of interferon and has anti-viral, anti-oxidant, regenerating properties.It accelerates regeneration of damaged tissues and eliminates edema.Aktipol Use 2 drops 3-8 times a day for 7-10 days.
2. Oftalmoferon (interferon human and diphenhydramine) quickly removes the inflammation of the conjunctiva.He exhibits antiviral and antimicrobial activity, topical anesthetic has, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory effect and accelerates the regeneration of the tissues of the eye.
Buried Oftalmoferon 1-2 drops 6-8 times (acute period), with the weakening of inflammation - 2-3 times per day.treatment period - up to 5 days.
3. Poludan (poliriboadenilovoy acid) is effective for adenoviral conjunctivitis and herpetic.The drug induces synthesis of the cytokines interferon in the blood and lacrimal fluid.It has antiviral activity and immunomodulating effect.
Poludan administered in the form of installations.He instilled 6-8 times a day during the acute phase, with symptoms of calming - 3-4 times.Duration of treatment Poludanom - 7-10 days.
Contraindications to the use of drops in the eye conjunctivitis - hypersensitivity to the drug.Especially cautiously and only under medical supervision is carried out treatment with antiviral drops pregnant and lactating.
Treatment of allergic conjunctivitis
Antihistamine drops are used to treat seasonal allergic conjunctivitis nature, as well as other eye irritation allergic origin (in contact with the allergen).
drops in the eye from conjunctivitis relieve itching, burning, redness of the eyes, eyelid swelling, tearing and foreign body sensation.
The proven anti-allergic eye drops:
1. Allergodil (azelastine) - antihistamine drops with anti-inflammatory action.Buried solution twice a day (during an exacerbation - up to 4 times).Allergodil MUST NOT be used to treat conjunctivitis in children up to 4 years.
2. kromogeksal (Lekrolin) (cromolyn sodium) inhibits the occurrence of allergic reactions and prevents their display by stabilizing mast cell membranes and inhibiting histamine.The drug instilled every 4-6 hours, at an acute condition - 6.8 times in one drop.Kromogeksal contraindicated for children under 4 years.
3. Opatanol (olopatadin) instilled into the conjunctival sac 2-3 times per day 1 drop at intervals of not less than 8 hours.Apply a drop of Opatanol on doctor's advice.Prescribe medication to children from 3 years old.
Contraindications: Pregnancy, lactation.
Antihistamine drops of conjunctivitis is usually used for a long time (eg season).In the absence of anti-allergic effect of the drug should be replaced, previously consulted with your doctor.